Home Emergency Assistance
Even though your property is well cared for and maintained, there is always the risk of unforeseen problems arising from home utilities and services. If something does go wrong, without immediate attention, overall costs of repair can often spiral out of control.
Direct assistance when you need it most
Our Home emergency assistance has been designed with landlords and tenants in mind.
Support and repairs for home emergency situations are available when you need it most.
Landlords Home Emergency Assistance summary:
- Failure or Breakdown of the heating or hot water supply
- Damage to plumbing and drainage system, including leaking pipes and blocked drains
- Failure or breakdown of the electricity or gas supply
- Damage caused to external locks, doors or windows which render the property insecure
- Professional extermination and control of pests including rats, mice, wasps & hornets nests
Direct assistance helpline: 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
Our claims helpline advisors will talk through the home emergency situation with the landlord/tenant and discuss with an appropriate contractor and sent to assist where necessary.
- We will pay up to £500 per claim, including parts, labour and materials and VAT to carry out an emergency repair.
- We will also pay up to £100 should the home become uninhabitable as a result of the emergency claim.
Making a Claim
If an issue arises it is important that you or your agent can speak to the experts easily and quickly. Simply call the 24/7 helpline where the dedicated claims team will provide advice and assistance.
Home3: 0844 324 5689
ALPS: 01384 884 040
Home emergency definition
A sudden and unforeseen situation which if not dealt with quickly and without sensible intervention would:
• render the property unsafe or insecure; or
• damage or cause further damage to the property; or
• cause excessive discomfort, risk or difficulties for or to you
Please see the Stride - What is a home emergency? document for further details
Emergencies: Tenants can contact the Home Emergency claims helpline service when a home emergency occurs. We will then arrange for a qualified contractor to be sent to undertake work within the home. Our home emergency advisors use their discretion as to when and how the emergency work is undertaken.