Tenant Referencing Service
Comprehensive tenant referencing
Check your future tenants’ suitability with Stride Tenant Referencing Service. It is important to have a comprehensive tenant vetting service in place as standard after initial property viewings but before any contracts are signed.
By checking that they are who they say they are gives you the confidence to move forward with tenancy agreements. Strictly vetted tenants help to protect against troublesome tenants, while ensuring your rental income is reliable.
Fast and efficient tenant referencing
Checking to see if potential tenants are suitable can be time consuming and difficult without the right tools. Stride understands you want to get things moving quickly for both you and your new tenants, so we ensure reports are delivered quickly and in plain English.
New online tenant referencing service
Click here to purchase a prepaid tenant reference via our supplier.
Credit referencing service
This complete tenant vetting service includes a full credit history check on all of the addresses the applicant has lived at over the past three years. References with the applicant’s current or former landlord or letting agent are taken up, to ensure that any previous tenancy agreements have been completed satisfactorily and the applicant’s income is verified.
- Full credit history search for 3 years
- References obtained from employers and previous landlords
- Alias name check
- Bank account verification (optional)
- Financial sanctions check (optional)
- Use of anti-fraud techniques
- Concise reports delivered in plain English
- SMS reminders to tenants to fill out application form
- Access to case notes to provide real time status information on every application
- Immediate email notification once the referencing is completed with reports attached
- Rapid turnaround
- All of the above plus the following:
- Landlord references which clearly explain if rent was paid on time, amount of monthly rent paid, lease period and any complains / damages
- Employer's reference detailing company name, start date of employment, employment contract type, any notice of termination and gross income
- Accountant reference if applicant is self employed
- Income verification when a reference is not available, e.g. via Tax Return / Pension statements
Benefits of tenant referencing
Satisfactorily referenced tenants offer a higher level of reliability for your landlord business. However, even the most trusted tenants can feel the pinch from the tough economy. Chasing failed rental payments or even paying out of your own pocket can be detrimental. Our tenant referencing helps mitigate these problems while our Landlords Legal Expenses and Rent Guarantee cover helps ensure you are not out of pocket.
Minimum tenant referencing requirement
To ensure the Landlords Legal Expenses and Rent Guarantee policy cover is in effect, we require the following minimum checks:
- At least one credit reference and one employer reference must be taken in respect of each tenant, prior to the inception of the Shorthold Tenancy Agreement and such references must be satisfactory.
- In the case of students or DSS tenants, a credit reference with a pass rating must be obtained from a recognised tenant reference company.
To speak to the Stride about tenant referencing, call
0800 840 6699 or contact us here.