Contractors insurance for the building and construction industries
Construction is one of the UK’s highest-risk industries. So, whether you’re a general contractor or run a business specialising in a certain trade, you need to take out specialist insurance that takes into account the potential risks associated with construction work.
A site under construction is rife with potential hazards, from material handling, building collapse and working at height, to perhaps less-considered dangers such as noise, hand and vibration syndrome or risk of asbestos.
Building contractor insurance from Stride
With decades of industry experience and longstanding connections with the contracting industry and allied trades, Stride’s Commercial Insurance Team have become a reputable, trusted provider of contractor insurance for businesses across the UK.
We can arrange single or annual policies to safeguard an extensive range of trades, from general contracting, design and build, through to construction management. Whether your firm specialises in property development, heating and ventilation, groundwork, roofing or mechanics and engineering, we’ve got the policy for you.
The exact nature of your cover will depend on your circumstances, but two types of cover you’re likely to need are:
- Public liability insurance - This protects you if someone is injured on your site or their property is damaged due to your firm.
- Employers liability insurance - If you employ staff, it’s a legal requirement to have this type of building contractor liability cover, which will safeguard you should an employee become ill or injure themselves as a result of working for you.
As all contracting businesses are unique in their insurance needs, you can choose the extra cover and risk management services most suited to you. We offer:
- Contractors all risk insurance (on permanent and temporary works)
- Hired in and own plant insurance and cover for continuing hire charges
- Insurance for existing structures
- Goods in transit policies
- JCT cover
- Professional indemnity cover
- Directors and officers liability insurance
- Environmental impairment liability insurance
- Latent defects insurance
- Statutory engineering inspection insurance
- Loss recovery services
- Credit insurance
Stride is an independent broker that arranges construction property and liability insurance from the UK’s top providers, like Allianz, AXA and Zurich.
We’ve gained a reputation for our market experience and unrivalled customer service, delivered by our team of in-house experts who are on hand to answer any queries you may have.
See how much you could save with us by calling our Commercial Insurance Team on 023 9224 8780 or getting a quote online.