Heritage attraction and heritage property insurance
From lighthouses to historic ships, stately homes to castles, art galleries to theatres, every heritage property is unique and comes with its own unique set of risks.
The one thing all heritage properties have in common is that they’re visited by the public, which poses certain risks. However, a theatre may present different challenges to a zoo or museum. This is why heritage buildings require specialist, tailor-made cover that offers all-round protection, for a competitive price.
Get covered with Stride
Heritage property insurance – also called visitor attraction insurance or tourist attraction insurance – is something the Stride Commercial Insurance Team can arrange to make sure the building, and your business, is fully protected.
While heritage properties have different insurance needs, it is likely your business will need to take out the following:
- Buildings and contents insurance. This might include buildings insurance for listed buildings and contents for items in and outside of the property.
- Employers liability cover. This insurance is a legal requirement if you employ paid staff or volunteers. It will protect your business should an employee file a claim against you if they are injured at work and you are found to be liable.
- Public liability. Another form of heritage attraction liability cover, this will cover the cost of a claim made by a member of the public if they are injured on your premises or their property is damaged. This is usually offered with product liability, protecting you if a third party is injured due to your product.
- Business interruption insurance. This will pay out for loss of income in the event of an insured incident, such as food poisoning, fire, explosion, flood and maybe extended to include defective drains or infection disease (incidents covered vary between insurers).
You are also able to increase your level of cover by adding optional extras that suit the nature of your business. The cover and risk management services we can arrange for you include:
- Cover for special buildings/structures/vessels of architectural or historic interest
- Money insurance
- Goods in transit insurance
- Statutory engineering inspection and insurance cover
- Equipment breakdown insurance
- Professional indemnity insurance
- Directors and officers liability cover
- Trustees indemnity insurance
- Intellectual property cover
- Loss of licence
- Internet risks
- Commercial legal expenses insurance
Why choose Stride?
Renowned for our experience and expertise, Stride is an independent broker specialising in insuring heritage properties, and the businesses which operate within them.
We’ll take the time to understand your unique needs and use this information to identify the most suitable policy for you. Our advice is wholly impartial, and we only recommend products from the UK’s leading insurance providers, including AXA, Zurich and Aviva.
To find out more, call Stride’s Commercial Insurance Team on 023 9224 8780 or get an online quote today.