Motor trade insurance
The motor industry encompasses a broad spectrum of businesses. However, one thing’s for certain: every company in the sector requires quality vehicle traders insurance to protect themselves, their employees and assets against any unforeseen circumstances.
Renowned for our experience and expertise, Stride can arrange a combined insurance package to protect all types of motor trader. Whether you’re a multi-sited, full franchised dealership, a small firm working from home, or an independent sales and service company, we can source a policy that provides a high level of cover for risks associated with your business.
Motor traders internal and road risks cover
A motor trade policy is usually split into two parts: internal risks and road risks. Here’s what each one will usually cover:
- Internal risks – your business premises, stock, machinery, equipment, tools, your car and customers’ cars on-site. Business interruption and liability cover also falls under internal risks.
- Road risks – any vehicle owned by you or used in connection with your motor trade business that is taken away from the business premises.
- Employers liability insurance. A legal requirement if you have employees, this cover will offer financial support if a member of staff claims against you if they are injured at work or suffer a work related illness.
- Public and products liability insurance. Another type of motor trade liability cover, this protects you against claims made by the public against your business, and if they declare one of your products caused them to injure themselves.
- Business interruption. This is put in place to safeguard your finances should an insured incident lead to loss of income.
Extra cover and risk management services we can set up include:
- Statutory engineering inspection insurance
- Wrongful conversion
- Goods in transit cover
- Commercial legal expenses
Speak to Stride today
Stride has worked as an independent broker for over 40 years, helping the motor trade safeguard their businesses with quality cover from leading providers like Zurich, AXA and Aviva. Our in-house customer support team is made up of market professionals who can offer impartial advice on policy options plus specialist, related products.
To secure the right insurance cover for your motor trade business, call Stride’s Commercial Insurance Team on 023 9224 8780 or get an online quote today.