Time is precious when you’re a retail shop owner, who spends their days managing staff and stock, catching up on paperwork and interacting with customers. So, why not hand over the task of finding quality retail insurance to the experts at Stride?
Whether you own a florist, butchers, hairdressers or clothes shop, we can put together a robust shop insurance package to safeguard your business and all of your valuable assets.
Quality insurance for retailers
Regardless of whether you sell stock or provide a service from your retail premises, there are a number of risks you need to insure yourself against. While they differ depending on the size and nature of your business, you’re likely to need the following:
- Public liability insurance. As you deal with the public, you’ll need this cover, which protects you if someone is injured or has their belongings damaged whilst in your shop.
- Employers liability insurance. It’s a legal requirement to have this insurance if you employ staff, which will cover legal costs if one of them claims against the business for injury or illness.
- Business contents. This can include both your stock (sometimes known as shop stock insurance) as well as shop equipment and fittings, such as the till and desks. It offers compensation if the contents are damaged, stolen or destroyed.
- Business interruption insurance. If you’re unable to trade from your shop due to an incident like flooding, this will cover any loss of earnings you suffer.
Once you have the basics covered, you can add extras to your policy to boost protection. We can provide:
- Goods in transit insurance
- Buildings/retail premises insurance (only necessary if you own the building)
- Accidental damage for contents (usually offered as standard with contents cover)
No two retailers are the same, which is why we’ll take the time to understand your unique needs, before tailoring a bespoke policy just for you.
Stride is a broker with more than 40 years of industry experience. We secure insurance policies from the likes of AXA, Allianz and Zurich; yet, we work independently, meaning we’re completely unbiased in the products we recommend. We simply strive to pair you up with quality cover, for an affordable price.
Find out how much you could save by switching to a Stride policy by filling out an online quote or giving one of our in-house advisors a call on 023 9224 8780.