Buy-to-let insurance for landlords
Are you a landlord with one or a number of buy-to-let properties? If so, your insurance needs will be completely different to those of the average homeowner. A standard home insurance policy simply won’t cut it – you need robust, specialist cover to safeguard your valuable assets and protect your investments.
Stride’s let property insurance will protect you, your properties and the tenants living in them. It also makes managing insurance hassle-free by bringing all of your buy-to-lets under one policy, meaning one premium to pay and one renewal date to remember.
What does let property insurance cover?
The right cover for you will depend entirely on your individual circumstances, but at the basic level it’s likely you’ll need:
Buildings insurance – This protects the bricks and mortar of your buy-to-lets against disasters such as fire and flood.
Contents insurance – This covers any of your personal belongings inside of the properties, for instance in communal spaces. This is especially important if you let out the properties part- or fully-furnished.
Liability insurance – If one of your tenants is injured due to a fault in your property, this will protect you against the financial implications of them claiming against you.
What policy extras are there?
Every landlord is different, which is why Stride offers a range of optional extras you can add to your buy-to-let policy to bolster protection. These include:
- Rent guarantee insurance – If a tenant is late paying their rent, this can have a knock-on effect by making it harder for you to pay your mortgage. This cover will protect you should a tenant go into rent arrears.
- Landlord legal expenses – If you found yourself needing to seek legal assistance for one of your buy-to-let properties, this policy will recoup the costs.
- Home emergency assistance – Even well-maintained properties are at risk of unforeseen problems, with this policy covering you if things like the electricity, gas, water or plumbing fail or break down.
- Tenant referencing service – We know securing the right tenants is key to stress-free letting, which is why we offer an efficient, comprehensive referencing servicing, pairing the right people with your properties.
Property owners liability insurance is covered as standard in Stride policies, with an indemnity limit of £5,000,000 and optional cover for terrorism and landlord contents.
Why partner with Stride?
Stride has been in the insurance industry for over 40 years and in that time, we’ve developed strong relationships with some of the UK’s top insurers, including AXA, Zurich and Aviva.
As a broker, we strive to find all our clients the best insurance for buy-to-let property to meet their needs, at competitive rates. We’re completely independent, granting us the freedom to pick and choose between providers to ultimately get you the best deal.
We’ve developed a reputation for our sector expertise and unrivalled customer service, and we’ll work closely with you to offer guidance and support whenever you need it.
So, if you’re looking for insurance for up to five buy-to-let properties, get a free, no obligation quote online or speak to one of our experts on 0800 840 6699.
Things to consider when taking out buy-to-let insurance
- Tenants must take out their own contents insurance
- State the rebuild cost of properties, not market value, when applying for buildings cover
- Inspect documents to make sure you know exactly what you’re covered for
- Speak to the experts at Stride about policy extras