Landlords property insurance
Investing in property can deliver significant returns through rent and capital gains. Whether you’re new to the market, been letting homes for years or you have a single buy-to-let or small portfolio, you’ll no doubt place enormous importance on ensuring your investments are safe and secure.
Standard home insurance simply doesn’t provide enough cover for your buy-to-let properties. You need a bespoke, comprehensive landlords property insurance policy, which can be arranged for you by the experts at Stride.
Tailored insurance for landlords
Rather than offering one-size-fits-all landlord property cover, Stride will craft you a bespoke policy to match your individual needs.
We’re an independent broker that underwrites insurance for the UK’s main providers, such as Aviva, Allianz and Zurich. Our 40+ years in the industry has allowed us to develop strong relationships with our insurance partners, granting us access to the best deals we can pass onto our customers.
Our independence means we’re able to offer all clients impartial advice on insurance and related products. We’re not tied to a particular insurer or policy, so the cover we recommend really will be the best for you.
What does landlord insurance cover?
Stride’s landlords buildings cover is tailor-made to each landlord, depending on their requirements. But on a basic level, your policy may include:
- Landlords building insurance – This policy will recoup the costs to repair or rebuild a property in the event of disasters such as fire or flood.
- Contents insurance – You’ll need to take out this insurance if you let out your properties part- or fully-furnished.
- Property owners liability insurance – If a tenant claims against you following an accident in one of your properties, this will recoup the costs of any legal proceedings.
Stride’s landlord property insurance policies are arranged on an all risks basis, including subsidence. Property owners liability insurance is included as standard, with an indemnity limit of £5,000,000.
You can boost protection by adding one or a number of specialist, related products to your landlord insurance policy. These include:
- Landlord legal expenses – This will help with the costs should you need to seek legal help for one of your properties.
- Rent guarantee insurance – If a tenant is late paying rent, this cover will help to ensure that you’re not out of pocket.
- Home emergency assistance – Be prepared for unforeseen events with this cover, which will help you out should your electricity, gas or plumbing fail or break down.
Tenant referencing service
If vetting potential tenants is taking up too much of your time, why not pass the task on to Stride? Our efficient, yet comprehensive referencing service will help to pair up perfect tenants for your properties, which is key to stress-free letting.
We’ve gained a reputation for our unrivalled customer service, delivered by our in-house experts who are always on hand to offer support and answer any queries you may have. So, if you want to find out more, call our specialist landlord insurance team on 0800 840 6699 or get on online quote today.
Things to consider when taking out landlord insurance
- Tenants must secure contents insurance for their personal belongings
- State rebuild cost, not market value, of your properties when applying for buildings cover
- Use a contents calculator so that you don’t under-insure your belongings
- Speak to Stride’s experts about our specialist, supporting products like rent guarantee