Tenants contents cover
As a tenant, it is important to cover your personal belongings in any property you rent. Stride offers you cover for your contents but also accidental damage to your landlord’s fixtures and fittings where you are responsible. Taking out tenant’s contents insurance may help protect your rental deposit.
If you’re moving home or doing a quick inventory of your home possessions, you may be surprised at how much it all adds up to. Comprehensive tenant’s contents insurance offers protection to your possessions and the landlord’s items, in case the unexpected happens.
Protecting your possessions
When renting a property, the items you own are your responsibility. Tenant’s contents insurance covers everything that is not the fabric of the building. The possessions you take in to the property and subsequently take with you when you move include household goods such as furniture, electricals and valuables.
Protecting your deposit
Stride tenant’s contents insurance also covers accidental damage to the landlord’s effects. Our tenant’s contents insurance allows you to enjoy your home without fear of losing your deposit because of an accident to the landlord’s items.
Tenant’s contents insurance cover
- Accidental damage, fire and theft
- Cover for personal belongings (optional)
- Cover for landlords contents (if you are responsible)
- Legal expenses up to £50,000
- Bicycle insurance (optional)
- Occupiers liability
- Employers liability
Call today for a quote: 0800 804 6156
Protecting your personal possessions and the landlord’s items is important when living in a rental property. We understand that accidents happen in the home, resulting in your deposit being forfeited.
Apply for Tenants contents insurance
Call Stride today on 0800 804 6156 or 023 9224 8760 to arrange cover. Alternatively, email or fax a completed Tenants Contents Insurance Application form below, ensuring you put down your letting agent’s name or reference number. We will then contact you to discuss your requirements.
To arrange contents insurance with Stride simply have the following information to hand, including:
- Details of your home and belongings to hand, including any individual items with a value of over £2,000
- Give us details of any claims or losses you have suffered over the last 5 years
- We calculate your premium and give you a quote
- We accept payment by debit card, credit card, cheque or BACS
Contents including accidental damage cover, fire and theft
Provides cover for the contents of your rented home in the event of damage that is caused by an insurable peril such as fire or theft
Cover for personal belongings
Provides cover for personal effects when taken outside the home
Accidental damage to landlords contents (if you are responsible)
Your tenancy agreement may state that you are responsible for any landlords items left at the property. This policy will cover accidental damage to these items and may protect your deposit.
Up to £50,000 legal costs cover for disputes
Cover for accidental loss or damage can be arranged for bicycles up to £500 when kept in outbuildings or taken away from the home.
Up to £2,000,000 cover for your legal liability to pay damages, claimants’ costs and expenses for accidental bodily injury, illness, accidental loss of or damage to property.
£10,000,000 cover which meets your legal requirements should you employ domestic staff in relation to the property.
Other policy benefits include free legal advice and free tax advice where applicable.
In addition cover is provided for:
- Accidental damage to mirrors and fixed glass (up to £2,500)
- Accidental damage to audio, video and computer equipment (up to £2,500)
- Contents temporarily removed from the home (up to £2,500)
- Contents in outbuildings (up to £2,500) and in the open (up to £500)
- Replacement locks if keys are lost or stolen (up to £250)
- Spoilage of food in freezers (up to £300)
- Loss of domestic fuel (up to £500)
- Loss of metered water (up to £1,000)
- Payment of rent and alternative accommodation following an insured loss (up to 20 percent of your Contents Sum Insured)
- Tenants liability following accidental damage to the landlords buildings and contents (up to £2,500)
- Damage caused by emergency access
- Your liability as occupier, employer, tenant and in a personal capacity
This is a summary of the features and benefits of our Tenants Contents Insurance and does not contain the full terms and conditions of the cover. Please contact us for a copy of the policy document.